Community Forum

Wrong guide on cable box

Regular Visitor

Wrong guide on cable box

Upgraded from Instant TV to a Double Play package with 140 channels and 150 Mbps internet. Upon installing the cable box yesterday, the guide came up with channels that are not part of my subscription. I cannot enter or navigate to any other channel that is not on the guide.
I have the Stream app on two of my Roku devices that can pull up the correct guide and show all the channels in my package but the cable box connected in my living room does not show the same guide as my Rokus.
I've been on a support call twice and all they do is try to refresh the signal, which doesn't work. I've read some other posts in this forum from people with the same issue, where there were codes that needed to be purged. I tried explaining this to the phone support but all they want to try is to refresh the signal to my cable box.
Not looking forward to having them recommend that a tech be sent out to fix this when it can be fixed on the backend.
My online account details show that I still have Instant TV (which seems to be the issue) but the phone reps cannot see it when they look.
How hard is it for them to escalate the issue to someone in a higher department instead of trying to send a tech out?

EDIT: So I have not had any success in getting Instant TV taken off my online account:

Internet TV.jpg

This should be the cause of the problem but no tech I have had contact with is able to clear it out...

Expert

Re: Wrong guide on cable box

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi lmquintero, thank you for reaching out here and welcome to our community Forums.  I would like to look into your guide issue further for you, could you please send a private message with your full name to begin?

Thank you

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Still no resolution on this issue... how do I get a Xfinity tech to come out and fix it? It's been almost a week since I've had this issue...