Community Forum

Wrong Modem Listed on account

Regular Visitor

Wrong Modem Listed on account

I have moved to new location and moved the Internet/TV services as well. I was/am using my own modem/router/firewall/wifi.

At new location, somehow when I try to stream TV in my phone app or roku app, its saying I am not in home so app cannot stream the channels. Also, I cannot see my data usage. I believe both issues are related.

On my new account, I noticed wrong moden information is listed. Serial number showing on account is not matching with the modem that we have.

I am trying to get this fixed with comcast customer care for last 3 days but no luck. Tried chats and calls multiple times and evreytime get response that someone else will call and will fix it. But no one calls.

On one of the call someone told me that modem is attached to someone else account. I beleive it could be my old account. Is there any way, I can remove it myself instead of wasting hours with the clueless customer care people.

Admin1

Re: Wrong Modem Listed on account

Hi ashishjais -- I can help with your modem issue. By the sound of it, your modem and username are still link with your previous account and would need to be transferred to your new account. This is not something you can do on your own. 

Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number for authentication. I will need this same information for your previous account as well.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me.