Community Forum

Wrong Channel Package than subscribed - New X1 TV HD Service

New Poster

Wrong Channel Package than subscribed - New X1 TV HD Service

Just upgraded to Xfinity X1 TV with the HD Digital Starter channel package. The new X1 tv box was installed and initialized, and only channels showing in my Channel Guide appear to be Latino channels. Already spent nearly 3 hours on the phone with Comcast tech support for 2 different sessions, numerous codes, power cycles, restarts, no luck. Changed out the TV box for a new one, 2nd box started up and initialized with exact same problem. If I use the Xfinity Stream app on my account, I do get all of the correct Digital Starter channels, so it is specifically a problem with Channel Package setup on the box itself. 

New Poster

Re: Wrong Channel Package than subscribed - New X1 TV HD Service

*** Solution Found!! ***  04AUG2019

I want to share this information hopefully to help anyone else avoid the frustration since it turns out not many Comcast Support Tech knows about this problem...

In my case at least, turns out to be an issue involving the more recent "Instant TV' streaming only tv service package. My account initially had "Instant TV" and then I upgraded to the X1 Double Play with HD Digital Starter channel package using the X1 TV cable box.

Short version of the Tech Support person who figured this out finally... when an account is changed from Instant TV over to the TV Box service, there are some extra 'codes' or something that is required to fully purge / clear the account of the "Instant TV Only" service.

The Tech Support person made the required account changes and then transmitted the reset signal to my TV Box. It took about 1-2 hours for the update to take effect, but it solved the problem and now I get all of the correct Digital Starter channels package correctly.

Apparently, this issue is just becoming better known as more customers have also upgraded from Instant TV to traditional TV Box service, but I was on my 3rd Phone Tech Support session before that person was able to identify this problem and how to resolve it.