Community Forum

Worst mobile phone company customer service

Regular Visitor

Worst mobile phone company customer service

I signed up for Xfinity mobile last week and purchased a new phone. A couple days later the new phone arrived with instructions to activate it.

I went to the indicated website and provided all the requested information. When I pressed the activate now button the button changed to a grayed out "Loading" and then nothing else happened.

I tried their chat feature and was told that other people have been having problems with the website but no worries she could take care of the problem for me. 2 or 3 hours later she finally gave up and told me I would need to call their tier 2 support which is really the same number that they give everyone to activate 888-936-4968. I called that number and the person there tried to help but said there was an error and they needed to transfer me to mobile care. 

The mobile care person said no problem we can get this done right away. 2 and a half hours later most of which was spent on hold they still did not have me activated.

I called consumer cellular which has always provided excellent service and even when I told them I was switching to a different carrier they gave me thier direct line to their porting department.

Consumer cellular said that comcast hadn't provided the last 4 digits of my ssn which I had provided to comcast. They offered to take a three way call from comcast and myself to resolve the problem.

I gave the number to the next comcast agent I talked to and again he said no problem but I'm still not activated. Yesterday I spent another hour on hold with no results. Their chat function said there were 103 visitors ahead of me. This morning I tried calling again and it said my expected wait time was between 1hr 45 min to 1 hr 56 min.

I should have known better from all my crappy experiences with comcast customer support over the years.

I'm sending the phone back, life is to short to waste time dealing with these people.

New Poster

Re: Worst mobile phone company customer service

Send the phone back and cancel ASAP!  I have been trying to reach customer service for 3 days by phone and chat.  After waiting for hours I finally did get someone today who took my info and promptly dumped me back into the que.  After another 2 hours I got yet another undertrained rep who could not help.  I am going back to my original carrier.  No more 

Regular Visitor

Thanks

Last night i received a text from "customer service" replying to my request to cancel my account.

He told me they did a big software upgrade on Tuesday to "Improve customer service" and that was probably why my activation was hung up.

He resubmitted my porting request and assured me that this time everything would be fine.

I told him i've heard that before.

still not activated this morning, big surprise .

New Poster

Absolutely the worst experience I have had with Comcast. I’m gonna cancel the iPhone I ordered and go to Verizon.
Regular Visitor

I should have posted this a long time ago.

After my initial frustration (expressed above) I decided to give it one more try.

I called and refused to talk to anyone until they put a supervisor on the line. He listened to my complaint and put me on a three way call with my old carrier. The problem was easily resolved and I have been very happy with the service since then. It seems like the company doesn't trust it's support people and their hands are tied if things don't progress in the normal fashion.

Official Employee

Hello btuss, thank you for sharing your experience and resolution here with us. I am glad that we were able to make this right for you and that you haven't had any issue since your activation. 

candibanks_01, we don't want you to feel this way. I can assist you here with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your activation or your account in general. Feel free to reach back out to me here.