Community Forum

Worst customer service experience ive ever had

New Poster

Worst customer service experience ive ever had

Ive had a lot of bad experiences with Comcast over the years but the most recent of many wasted hours takes the cake.

I just spent 3 hours in online chats with several different customer service reps just trying to get an internet plan set up. This is on top of the time I spent trying to figure out how to best switch to an internet only plan for a short period while my house is on the market. During that time I was offered a plan that worked for me but after getting the old Comcast current customer runaround I cancelled my service entirely and waited for the disconnect and the went back to chat...what an insanely bad experience that was.

Ive never experienced such an utterly incompetent group of individuals in my life. I was given, not only incorrect information but different incorrect information about my account by 3 different individuals.

Individual 1 took my account info, seemed very helpful and I was able to offer me the package I wanted/requested but then when trying to complete the transaction I was informed that they were unable to transact the new service because I wasn't an authorized user on the account. This is COMPLETELY wrong because a year ago when wanting to upgrade to the X1 system I was also told this same thing and was added as an authorized user. If I was not an authorized user Comcast has some explaining to do as I have conducted every single transaction without hassle on this account over the past year including upgrading equipment and canceling service so either I am an authorized user or Comcast is letting unauthorized people transact on this account. I argued this with the individual who "consulted with their manager (stop telling them to do this comcast, everyone knows they are lying) and neither of them could find anything on me as an authorized user. After being frustrated with the back and forth I put the account owner on but was told, unfortunately the rep could not do the transaction.

But not to worry! It would be quick and easy with the next rep and they would know exactly what was going on. We wouldn't have to spend another 30 minutes explaining what we wanted and the transaction, for the package we had discussed, would be added to my account. What a joke.

Individual 2: Huge surprise We were made to rehash every single thing we just told rep 1. On top of that the first thing the rep tells us when I inquire about new internet service is that my account has been disconnected over 30 days...No. Just 4 hours prior I returned all of my equipment to an xfinity store at the 10 business day mark. How could anyone mistake this information? After informing them I most certainly did not disconnect over 30 days ago they go their act together and it was time to talk about the only package that I had any interest in, the one which several different reps offered me prior to this interaction, as early as 30 minutes before. Can anyone guess what happened? If you guessed the package magically didn't exist anymore, you are correct.

At this point I'm 2 hours into this process and I'm losing patience. I tell the rep I'll chat back later and take care of it. I immediately disconnect and go into my 3rd hour.

Individual 3: Was very happy to help and totally understood my frustrations and would feel the same of it was them, but wanted to help me *so much*. I described to them what I was offered and they told me they would get me the best deal possible...just not the deal I was talking about, because it was expired...despite being offered to me 30-60 minutes prior. I inquired, could it have expired in 30-60 min prior, to which their basic response was, the classic Comcast "I'll check with my supervisor" and then coming back with, sorry, Its expired! But I can offer you a worse package at more money! Oh and by the way, your authorized user is *magically* an authorized user on your account again! How convenient for you Comcast.

After some more back and forth individual 3 told me I should call sales because *they* might be able to do more but Ive already fallen for that scam and waste of my time. I'm cant how many times Ive heard the "oh *THEY* can offer you better deals than we can" from both sides of your "customer service" team.

I am absolutely livid right now with all of the time Ive wasted simply trying to get the internet package I was offered on several different occasions by several different reps over the course of less than 2 weeks.

How does this happen? Why are your representative blatantly lying to me and pulling what amounts to a bait and switch?
Admin1

Re: Worst customer service experience ive ever had

Hi WellingtonBeef -- I can help with your package issue. Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number along with what package and price was being offered.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me.