Community Forum

Working from home and second IP address needed for SB8200

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Working from home and second IP address needed for SB8200

Hello,

I called Xfinity to get a second IP address for my SB8200 modem but no one seemed to understand what I was requesting. I also used the "Chat with Xfinity" and didn't get the help I need. @ComcastMorgan I read from past threads that you've assisted other customers with this process, please let me know if you can also assist me and I'd greatly appreciate it.

I'm working from home and I need a separate IP address for my work. Please help.

Thank you,

Mark

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Working from home and second IP address needed for SB8200

First, check the "Rate Card" for your local area to see if that feature is even available anymore. Seems that it is being phased out;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/rate-card/

It's a PDF.

Scroll down to "Xfinity Internet" and look for "Additional IP Addresses".

If nothing is listed then it's likely to have been discontinued in your local market area.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I checked and it's not on the rate sheet, however, please escalate my request to make sure it's not available in my area, I'd greatly appreciate it. I need a separate IP for work as I'm working from home indefinitely. Thank you.

Highlighted
Expert

They are phasing it out but I'm going to escalate your issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards. We've seen cases here where they have been able to get this accomplished for customers even when it is not listed in their rate cards, YMMV. You should get a reply here in your topic. Good luck !

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thank you very much! Stay healthy and safe!

Highlighted
Expert

You as well ! 🙂

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello marked4trouble, the information that (EG) shared is correct we are phasing this out and in many areas this functionality has been removed. I can double check your area if you'd like, to continue please send me a private message with your full name and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then click "Send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I sent you a message per your instructions. Thank you.