Community Forum

Wires hanging from poles / touching ground

Regular Visitor

Wires hanging from poles / touching ground

There was tree trimming done by my neighbor and now my backyard has comcast wires previously held up by trees and poles laying on the ground. I've opened trouble tickets but no one helps. How can I get this resolved!!!?? 

Expert

Re: Wires hanging from poles / touching ground

Thank you for visiting the forums! Sorry to hear about your issues. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Thanks. How lo g does that take?
Official Employee

I can certainly check this for you from here if you would like. To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services? To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Thank you, I will check to see if there is an update to the ticket. Can you also give me some details about where the cable is? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Shane,

My property is probably 1,000 feet long from backyard to front of street. Over the 1,000 feet, there's probably 4 utility poles that your lines are using. Those lines were being help up by the utility poles and a bunch of trees for many years. Now my neighbor removed all of those trees and the lines in between poles 2 and 3 are basically on the ground becuase they had way too much slack in them to begin with. Before the slack was held up from extra trees. Now the trees are gone and the lines are very low and in one area on the floor. Just have a truck come out and it should be a 2 hour fix for you guys...

Official Employee

Hi, Daniel! I'm following up on behalf of Shane since he is currently out of office. The local tech ops team have specific policies and procedures that we all have to follow. Shane submitted a request and I see that the appointment was scheduled for yesterday. Was your issue with low hanging wires resolved?