Community Forum

Wire down in yard

Frequent Visitor

Wire down in yard

As of today I have contacted Comcast / xfinity twice about a cable line that has come off the pole that services my house and is now hanging across my neighbors yard and nearly touching their driveway.  Additionally, my neighbor has attempted to contact Comcast as well. Thus far the only "action" (more like inaction) I've seen Comcast take is to send me an email stating that an "escalation ticket" was created. That was two days ago.

Expert

Re: Wire down in yard

Thank you for visiting the forums! Sorry to hear about your issues. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

When I originally  contacted Comcast on 6/25/18 about this, I was given I was given an estimated completion date of 7/9/18 to 7/16/18.   Really?  14 to 21 days?  That's a joke, right?

Maybe you need to remind me.  What exactly am giving you my hard earned income for?

Official Employee

Hello phillipthe2. I can assist with checking on the status of your Raise Cable ticket, so we can get this completed as soon as possible for you. Please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can assist you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

For whatever reason, I am unable to PM.

*edit

Naturally, per one of the admin posts, new users are not allowed to PM Comcast Employees.  Of course we can't.  Kudos and thumbs up!  *he said sacastically*

Frequent Visitor

After using Comcast customer support chat a few minutes ago I got this response:

"Tech will visit at your address today and fix this outage side wiring issue."

Keyword: Today

Ok, I'm going to hold you to that.  It's two hours until midnight EST.  Ready.  Set.  Go!

I think Mr Dheehaj meant "today"....in New Dehli....where it's early morning.

Frequent Visitor

It came as little surprise that Mr Dheehaj lied to me.  No one came that day....or the following day...and no one has shown up today.

But that's the rub...you, Comcast, LIED TO ME...your customer.

Which begs the question:  Why do I continue to be your customer?

Frequent Visitor

Hey, guess what gang? It's a week later and...... The wire is still laying in my neighbor's yard.
Frequent Visitor

It was repaired today, finally. Let's review shall we? Nearly two weeks (13 days) since initially reporting this through xfinity's customer support chat twice (via some Hindi-speaking country), this forum, and my neighbor reporting it via telephone....annnnd.....nothing. Reported the issue to @ComcastCares (comcast/xfinity's customer support on twitter) annnnnd....fixed in less than 36 hours. So, social media wins. Chat and forums lose.
Official Employee

We apologize for our delay in getting your issue resolved via Forums Support, phillipthe2. I am glad to see our Twitter support representative was able to get your issue resolved in a timely manner. We thank you for being a valued customer and thank you for using the forums!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.