Community Forum

Wifi hotspot outage

New Poster

Wifi hotspot outage

I've been using this same wifi hotspot for months. It died about 2 days ago and keeps saying obtaining ip address. Is there anyway i can report that or ask them to fix it? I just bought a months pass and really don't want to waste my money.
Valued Contributor

Re: Wifi hotspot outage

I have noticed this in my area as well. Sometimes it can be your device, especially with android phones. I figured out, if I turn on airplane mode while it is "Obtaining IP address" then turn off the airplane mode, it usually connects immediately afterwards. It is a pain, but has worked many times. There are multiple solutions if you do a google search that may help, but it seems to be certain devices has issues with these hotspots. Most of the reps you speak with can not help that much past informing you if there is an outage in the area. EDIT: Also wanted to note, if a customer goes in an turns off the access to their hotspots, the connection will often still show, but can not be connected to.
Official Employee

Re: Wifi hotspot outage

Hi @SereyR

The info provided by @JLDOOBLY is correct. If you try the steps he suggested is there any change? If not, this may further prove his last point about the access to that particular hotspot. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!