Community Forum

Wifi completely down, Xfinity not calling me back

Highlighted
New Poster

Wifi completely down, Xfinity not calling me back

My wifi has been down for two weeks, as with rest of world I am working from home and need wifi. I have called many times and every time they make me torubleshoot for an hour before resolving to the need of a technician to come. They say a technician will call me to set up an appointment, but none have. How do I get in contact with a human technician?

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: Wifi completely down, Xfinity not calling me back

@AmandaSF wrote:

My wifi has been down for two weeks, as with rest of world I am working from home and need wifi. I have called many times and every time they make me torubleshoot for an hour before resolving to the need of a technician to come. They say a technician will call me to set up an appointment, but none have. How do I get in contact with a human technician?

You might have to do some troubleshooting on your own.  What make/model modem/gateway do you have?  Is that where your WiFi signal should be coming from?  Are you able to connect directly to it with an ethernet cable and log in to the admin page to look at settings?  Do your WiFi devices see the network being broadcast and cannot connect or do they not see it at all?

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)