Community Forum

Why?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Why?

Why is Comcast so bad at customer service.  Why do the people who monitor this Community Forum not help with changing the way Comcast deals with its customers?  Why is that a customerhas to speak with another customer to get answers about an issue with a service provided by Comcast?  This is absolutly ridiculous.  I will definitely call the local Xfinity Store to find out how to shut off my service.  It shouldn't be this hard to get assistance with simple issues like, fixing a modem, rewiring cable (or in Comcast's case, finding a contractor to rewire the cable.  I found that out the hard way and so did the technician who waisted their time coming out to my scheduled appointment),  moving service to a new home.  The list goes on and on but Comcast seems to have no desire to change.  In an age of apps like Netflix you would think Comcast would do what it could to keep their customers.  Like many other long standing customers, it looks like after 15+ years of giving Comcast chances after chance, I'm leaving.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Why?

@Kingsan1782 wrote:

Why is Comcast so bad at customer service.  Why do the people who monitor this Community Forum not help with changing the way Comcast deals with its customers? 

We are not directly involved with the reps you get on the phone.  While Comcast provides the forum our help is confined to here.  We do have employees that help out in the forum, however, but this is still a forum made up of customers helping customers.  We do know that the phone reps are less than stellar, however, which is why we do our best to help other customers solve their problems.

Why is that a customer has to speak with another customer to get answers about an issue with a service provided by Comcast? 

Because that's what this forum is about.

Again_0-1597632766563.png

This is absolutly ridiculous.  I will definitely call the local Xfinity Store to find out how to shut off my service.  It shouldn't be this hard to get assistance with simple issues like, fixing a modem, rewiring cable (or in Comcast's case, finding a contractor to rewire the cable.  I found that out the hard way and so did the technician who waisted their time coming out to my scheduled appointment),  moving service to a new home.  The list goes on and on but Comcast seems to have no desire to change.  In an age of apps like Netflix you would think Comcast would do what it could to keep their customers.  Like many other long standing customers, it looks like after 15+ years of giving Comcast chances after chance, I'm leaving.

And, this is your choice.

OR, you could post about a specific problem you're currently having and let us try to help you solve it.  We have a pretty good track record here.  If you'd like to try that, start a new thread with what you need.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Why?

Hello "Again Expert",

I hope you didn't get the impression that I had a complaint that was direct toward the forum.  My complaint is that the forum is the only platform that Comcast has for customers to resolve issues for services that cost $200+ per month.  I am not dissatisfied with any assistance that is provided by the forum.  I am simply venting about an issue that I will resolve on my own just as Comcast's Customer Service is set up for me to do.

I'm sure customers who use the forum to resolve their issues appreciate all that you and other Customer Experts do.

Thank you.