Community Forum

Why was I charged a balance transfer from old address, and how do I remove the address?

Highlighted
New Poster

Why was I charged a balance transfer from old address, and how do I remove the address?

I was charged $20 for a balance transfer from my old address, from almost 2 months ago. I don't understand why I was charged extra, when I moved 2 minutes down the street, and kept my contract.

I also tried to look at new contracts, since mine is up in May, and my old address is still on my account.

How do I get a refund for the charge and my old account removed?

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Why was I charged a balance transfer from old address, and how do I remove the address?

Hi, Mackenzie7. Thank you for posting in the community! We want to help you get things ironed out with your account. Normally the balance that transferred over is a remaining amount of an unpaid bill at the previous address. If you pull up your billing statements, it should provide the missing details of what/when the amount is stemming from. Normally the username is automatically transferred over when you move to a new location. Since you moved and still see the old address, I can manually correct that for you. Sorry about that!

To get started, please send me a private message with your first and last name. We can go from there. To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Thanks!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Why was I charged a balance transfer from old address, and how do I remove the address?

Thank you for the reply! I don't see an option to message you when I click on your name.

Highlighted
New Poster

Hello, I’m still not able to send you a message