Community Forum

Why isn’t the modem included with the triple play plans with gigabit internet and voice

Contributor

Why isn’t the modem included with the triple play plans with gigabit internet and voice

Typically I use my own modem to avoid Comcast’s 11 modem rental fee. I recently upgraded my gigabit internet and basic tv to the big triple play plan with gigabit internet, all the channels, and now voice service.  

Initally i was fine using my own arris SB8200 gigabit modem and just abandoning the phone service but I thought since I’m paying for it I may as well try to use it.  Well there are zero docsis 3.1 modems with voice service on xfinitys approved device list.  

What i I am wondering is why isn’t the modem included with that particular plan since I have no choice but to use a Comcast supplied modem if I want gigabit internet and voice service. I can understand for the non gigabit plans because there are several third party modems with voice support that I could buy but there are none for the gigabit plans with voice.  

It it would be nice for Comcast to provide the modem without the extra rental fee at least until there is an option to buy my own.  It’s just kinda stinks to be paying extra for a service then have to pay an extra monthly fee just to access that service. I did try to ask someone from xfinity in a web chat but he just disconnected the chat on me

19CA5AFD-79A9-4FE7-8FF4-7D9ADBA7D497.png