Community Forum

Why is this so hard?

New Poster

Why is this so hard?

I have called FIVE times to get service going here at an apartment that I moved into yesterday.  Each time it is a different issue.  The problem is there is NOTHING in the media access panel but free standing coax ends.  There is NOTHING bridging them to the fiber.  This unit was supposed to have been "Comast ready," and I'm the one that has to pay $70 for a tech to come out?  Fine.  But wait, they can't SCHEDULE a tech because there is already some nebulous work order they can't figure out.  I work from home and need Internet by Monday.  This should have been a simple "connect the equipment and activate" scenario, but I have absolutely wasted my entire afternoon on the phone with people who cannot understand or are able to help me.  They are absolutely WILLING, but they have no ability to actually do so.  Why is this so hard?  I am now once again on hold for some mystery department that can once again "solve all my problems."  For God's sakes, it looks like I could call AT&T and get service here before you all do ANYTHING PRODUCTIVE.