Community Forum

Why is the help system SO BAD?

wfbarnes
New Poster

Why is the help system SO BAD?

So this is great. I ask a question about xfinity advanced security on google. Follow the links to the official page(s), and I'm shown screenshots of how to solve the problem using the moble app. Fine. Look closer, the screenshots on the site don't match what I have. Okay, version mismatch - the site must be out of date a little. No problem, I thought. I'll just use the in-house Help feature within the app, and type "disable advanced security". Right away the thing responds, it seemed to know what I want. Tap the link, and bam, wants to open a browser. Sigh. Open the browser, and what do I see? First thing, a full-screen advertisement for the app that I JUST CAME FROM. (Mind you, I'm on a phone at this point. Nothing is checking for this?) Tapped to skip by that, and was confronted with a login screen, and we're back where I started, in a browser, with the same question, following xfinity's guides... except it's on a much smaller screen now. Why, just why?

wfbarnes
New Poster

Why is there nothing to click on inside the Advanced Security webpage?

Title says it all. Trying to get into Advanced Security setting to disable it outright. Follow the tutorials, and all I land on is a page saying "We Love Good News!" with nothing further to do. Why?

ComcastJosephB
Official Employee

Re: Why is there nothing to click on inside the Advanced Security webpage?

@wfbarnes, I am sorry about the issue removing advanced security. Let me help. To take a closer look at the services you have may I please confirm your name, service address, and account number? (or phone number) This will allow us to assist you further and accurately.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!