Community Forum

Why is regenerating a billing statement impossible (clean version)?

New Poster

Why is regenerating a billing statement impossible (clean version)?

Comcast got my name wrong when I first applied ONLINE for their internet service. I called and asked to have my name corrected. It appeared that they did correct my name since whenever I logged into my account, I always see the correct name. I have been using the paperless statment since the beginning that I didn't know that they still have the wrong name in their billing system until I printed out the billing statement last Thursday. I need the billing statement as a part of the evidences that I live in the current address (along with utilities bills, copy of driver license). I went to the store and asked to have my name corrected in the billing system and the bill regenerated. They told me that they didn't have the capability to regenerating the bill and asked me to phone the customer service. 

I just got off the phone with the customer service and guess what they told me? They said that they didn't have the capability to regenerating the bill and asked me to go to the store!! How great is that? I told the guy that the store already said that they didn't have the capability to do that and I asked him who has the capability to regenerating the bill. He couldn't tell me who can do it just kept saying that he couldn't do it and that I had better wait for the next bill to come out. If my other personal business could wait, I would wait, but it's not the case here. I just want to know who in comcast can help me and I couldn't even get an answer. The best they can do is ask me to wait for the next bill. 

I don't understand why regenerating a billing statement is such a difficult task in comcast. When I asked to add my partner's name to my PG&E account, their customer service on the phone was able to regenerate the billing statement and mail it to us right away. Why is comcast making such a simple task this difficult to achieve?