Community Forum

Why is it so hard to get a straight answer

New Poster

Why is it so hard to get a straight answer

I am a new customer on xfinity and am exploreing other options in my area. This has been the worst experience I have had with a technology company. I have never lived in the Comcast service area, but just built a house that gave me the opportunity to use you as a service provider.

3 weeks before moving in I called and spoke to an agent, he was very helpful, but couldn't book an appointment that far out. He COMMITTED to follow up wth me a week before move in so we could have service installed. That never happend.

I called again to establish my services, and went with a quad play package. I didnt really want the voice services, but was told it would be good to try. The agent offered rental of a modem, and after calculating rental vs purchase, I decided to furnish my own. The agent told me I needed a DOCSIS 3.0 of better modem for thier network. I asked if the 1 GIG speed was dedicated speed or best effort, they had no idea what I was asking. I asked if the speed way symetrical or asymetrical, again no idea.

My services were installed as expected, but there were service concerns. My builder did a walkthrough with me and I discovered my tilt in windows were unable to tilt in because of the placement of the security sensors. The security sensor on my patio door had a contact that fell off. The speed test I performed on my internet only showed 100mpbs. Lastly I couldn't get the X-1 remote to pair with my brand new TV.

I called into the customer service line and got a very helpful agent. He set up a follow up visit for a tech to address the security install, and offered to send a different remote model to see if that would allow for easier pairing with my TV. On the internet, he did a number of tests and escalated to tech support. We learned that the DOCSIS 3.0 modem will only support speeds of up to 450mbps. Since I was not a fan of having voice, we agreed top downgrade my plan to a triple play   bundle for  $139.99 dropping the voice, and changing to the 400mbps internet. In order to make the change I was transferred to the Home Security team to process the order. I got a confirmation that stated my monthly fees would be 150.00. The agent said that was the regualr prce and that the promo would kick in after confirmation. He aslso shared it would ake till the next day for the changes to take effect.

This am I did a speed test and saw the same things I saw yesterday. I called in and this is where I lost it. The agent I initially got was very helpful. Did allot of the triage I exected and then said the order was still in a pending state. He said he was going to manually input the 400mbps service and aske dthat I hold. A moment later another agent answered and said he was with the customer loyalty dept., and ask what my issue was. I got angry. Why was I dumped when I thought things were moving forward.

I reviewed everything with this loyalty agent and quickly escalated from angry to the point I am shopping for a new provider. He started by telling me the DOCSIS 3.0 modem i purchased will NOT work for any service grater than 200mbps. Why wasnt I told this when i ordered a 1Gb service? Why was I told yesterday that my modem would support up to 450mbps? When i asked these questions, i got now acknowledgement that I was misinformed, just told in need a different modem for the service I am looking for. He went on to tell me I am in the best priced package for the new service line up I requested at 150.00. What happend to the 139.99 bundle I was quoted? He said he didnt see that option in his system, and as such can't offer it. The best he could offer is a 20.00 credit.

Clearly xfinity does not value customer service. Poorly trained agents that don't understand their products or product requirements. Field techs that just install without regards for quality of work, and when you are a customer lack of consistant messaging or basic customer empathy.

Worst experiecne EVER!

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Why is it so hard to get a straight answer

@rt_anderson wrote:

I am a new customer on xfinity and am exploreing other options in my area. This has been the worst experience I have had with a technology company. I have never lived in the Comcast service area, but just built a house that gave me the opportunity to use you as a service provider.

3 weeks before moving in I called and spoke to an agent, he was very helpful, but couldn't book an appointment that far out. He COMMITTED to follow up wth me a week before move in so we could have service installed. That never happend.

I called again to establish my services, and went with a quad play package. I didnt really want the voice services, but was told it would be good to try. The agent offered rental of a modem, and after calculating rental vs purchase, I decided to furnish my own. The agent told me I needed a DOCSIS 3.0 of better modem for thier network. I asked if the 1 GIG speed was dedicated speed or best effort, they had no idea what I was asking. I asked if the speed way symetrical or asymetrical, again no idea.

My services were installed as expected, but there were service concerns. My builder did a walkthrough with me and I discovered my tilt in windows were unable to tilt in because of the placement of the security sensors. The security sensor on my patio door had a contact that fell off. The speed test I performed on my internet only showed 100mpbs. Lastly I couldn't get the X-1 remote to pair with my brand new TV.

I called into the customer service line and got a very helpful agent. He set up a follow up visit for a tech to address the security install, and offered to send a different remote model to see if that would allow for easier pairing with my TV. On the internet, he did a number of tests and escalated to tech support. We learned that the DOCSIS 3.0 modem will only support speeds of up to 450mbps. Since I was not a fan of having voice, we agreed top downgrade my plan to a triple play   bundle for  $139.99 dropping the voice, and changing to the 400mbps internet. In order to make the change I was transferred to the Home Security team to process the order. I got a confirmation that stated my monthly fees would be 150.00. The agent said that was the regualr prce and that the promo would kick in after confirmation. He aslso shared it would ake till the next day for the changes to take effect.

This am I did a speed test and saw the same things I saw yesterday. I called in and this is where I lost it. The agent I initially got was very helpful. Did allot of the triage I exected and then said the order was still in a pending state. He said he was going to manually input the 400mbps service and aske dthat I hold. A moment later another agent answered and said he was with the customer loyalty dept., and ask what my issue was. I got angry. Why was I dumped when I thought things were moving forward.

I reviewed everything with this loyalty agent and quickly escalated from angry to the point I am shopping for a new provider. He started by telling me the DOCSIS 3.0 modem i purchased will NOT work for any service grater than 200mbps. Why wasnt I told this when i ordered a 1Gb service? Why was I told yesterday that my modem would support up to 450mbps? When i asked these questions, i got now acknowledgement that I was misinformed, just told in need a different modem for the service I am looking for. He went on to tell me I am in the best priced package for the new service line up I requested at 150.00. What happend to the 139.99 bundle I was quoted? He said he didnt see that option in his system, and as such can't offer it. The best he could offer is a 20.00 credit.

Clearly xfinity does not value customer service. Poorly trained agents that don't understand their products or product requirements. Field techs that just install without regards for quality of work, and when you are a customer lack of consistant messaging or basic customer empathy.

Worst experiecne EVER!

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to the Forums. A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy. You can read about our PM Policy here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Why is it so hard to get a straight answer

rt_anderson, 

Thanks for posting about your experience. This is not the type of experience I want for you and I'm sorry we started on the wrong foot. I am more than happy to work with you until all of your questions are answered and we get things resolved. 

A few things: 

1. Our gigabit network doesn't offer symmetrical speeds. We provision services up to 940mbps download and 35mbps upload in select areas. Our gigabit pro service (multi gig) is symmetrical, multi Gigabit speeds. 

2. If you're using your own modem for gigabit service, you'll need a Docsis 3.1 capable modem-- not Docsis 3.0. 

Sorry for the conflicting info you've recieved. I'm more than happy to review your current rate and offer you the best package for the equipment you do have. Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!