Community Forum

Why is it so difficult to upgrade my internet service?

Regular Visitor

Why is it so difficult to upgrade my internet service?

I am on 250 Blast and really wanted to experience the Gigabit plan. I am getting all kinds of offers in the mail from multiple carriers, however I wanted to stay with Comcast which I have been a customer for 20+ years. So I got on the phone with Comcast. Not so fast. First, I wanted to see if I can get new customer pricing match, I think its $89 with 2 year contract. Nobody I talked to could help or knew what that was. Then I was told I need to schedule a tech visit to install proper modem. I already have SB8200 which I bought in retail and its registered on my account. And third they want to charge me $60 for the "install". They told me they need to install fiber optic cable. What? Then I talked to another rep and she told me ok, you can have your own modem but the tech needs to check the signal strenght. I told them I can tell my signal strength, I have 28 channels down ranging from -1.0 dbmv to -2.2 dbmv with SNRs over 38 db. Anyway I am ready to give up on this frankly. Wonder if it would be just easier to switch to someone else. Sigh.

Channels.jpg

Regular Visitor

Re: Why is it so difficult to upgrade my internet service?

Any way a Comcast employee can help me here? I'm not getting anywhere on the phone.

Expert

Hi @DT_CT,

Looks like you're getting some lousy info there Smiley Sad Your system may require a tech visit to establish Gig service - the tech is trained specifically for Gig service and will verify the service works properly at your location. They may also require that you use Comcast's modem for the initial install, but nothing prevents you from using your modem after the install is complete. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello,

I would like to look into this for you from here. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your full name, street address including city, state, and zip code (and apartment number if one is associated), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

DT_CT, glad we were able to resolve this for you! Post again if you need anything. 

KenF

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.