Community Forum

Why is it so difficult to get a drop/bury order completed?

New Poster

Why is it so difficult to get a drop/bury order completed?

Been waiting for a drop bury to happen since December 9. Originally had some guys come out with machinery, they looked at the side of my house and left not 10 mins after arriving. We waited a few days to see if anything would happen and nothing happened. So we call the 3rd party contractor and they tell us someone will be out tomorrow (back in December). The next day comes and no one comes out.
Ok. So we wait again to see what happens. 12/17 we were apparently scheduled for some kind of installation I guess. Again, no one showed up. We didn't even know about it until I logged into the Xfinity app.
We called again, sometime before Christmas. We were told they needed a city permit for the street cut. Few weeks go by and we call them again for an update. They have the permit but They're waiting for the ground to thaw... Ok.
So then some nice weather passes by our area for about 2 weeks near the end of January and I'm calling again to see what's up. We get some installation appointment set up and I'm told that in the same appointment, they'll be doing a drop bury and setting up connection. Except it's supposed to happen Feb 6. Beyond frustrated that I have to wait 2 weeks and I just KNEW it was going to snow around that time. Feb 4 rolls around and it's snowing. Of course it is. Then Feb 6 comes and of course no one came out. Again. Not that I expected anyone to. I call Comcast and see what happened. Some "technical issue" and they couldn't make it out. They apparently rescheduled us for Feb 7 from 8 am to 11 am. No one showed up. Again.

Why oh WHY is it so hard for someone to give me results? I was told my issue was escalated 3 times and nothing came of it. All I want is internet connection, like last month. Why isn't Comcast able to tell me anything about their third party contractor that they hired?
Expert

Re: Why is it so difficult to get a drop/bury order completed?

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not an employee.
Official Employee

Re: Why is it so difficult to get a drop/bury order completed?

Hello @Lissla. We apologize the drop bury has not yet been completed. I can assist with alerting our local tech ops team that you are still waiting on this drop bury to be completed. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and phone number so I can assist you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why is it so difficult to get a drop/bury order completed?

Good day.  I have so far talked to 11 different people at XFinity to get a drop/bury order completed on a house that I closed on 5/18; the technician showed up that day and said that since the "drop/bury" phase hadn't been completed, I'd have to call and order that first.  I had put in the order to have service installed aver a month ago and clearly someone dropped the ball, but NOBODY CALLS ME BACK (as they promise they will).  I can't keep taking time off from work for this, and the level of aggravation is simply beyond the pale.  I'm about to go to the Better Business Bureau, and make as much noise about this as humanly possible, given the rather monopolization Comcast has on the market.

WHO CAN TELL ME WHEN OR HOW THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN???????  Who at Xfinity will actually be responsive and stop stonewalling???  The answer that "someone will call you back" and "we're not the department that handles that" and "I can't send an email because I might lose my job if I don't give this another 48 hours" is simply unacceptable.

I work from home, am a single dad for 4 kids (two of whome are in high school).   I NEED HELP!!!  Someone? Anyone?

New Poster

Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why is it so difficult to get a drop/bury order completed?

We’ve been having same problem since AUGUST! 2 12-hour appointment windows with no show for either. Sudden guy in front yard, unannounced, with a shovel, wanting to use our hose! Another surprise crew yesterday, didn’t know they’d have to go under the street or that our driveway was a triple-wide. Comcast has no information, drop bury’s Customer service arm- Universal Electronics— has no scheduling information, EVP for customer experience doesn’t respond Tweets to @comcast or @ComcastCares gets no response either. Sharing your pain.
Official Employee

Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why is it so difficult to get a drop/bury order completed?

Hi @Mprice7320

Sorry for the experience you'd had. I'd like to see if there is any information that I can locate about the work that's being completed. Can you please verify your first and last name in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!