Community Forum

Why is it so difficult to discuss plans and re-up? Why can't the L1 Reps see all plans?

Frequent Visitor

Why is it so difficult to discuss plans and re-up? Why can't the L1 Reps see all plans?

25+ year customer out of contract.  Monthly bill went up $35 to $227 per month for Digital Preferred + HBO + Blast + Unused phone service in TN.  For the second time, I tried to call CS to review plans and the best the L1 rep could offer was a service swap out (phone for security) that "might" save $20 with a new 2 year agreement.  He was doing the best he could but since he was L1, I didn't trust him.  I asked about internet only plans and he told me he can't view those, only a Customer Solutions expert can handle that and view other available options.  I asked to be transferred.  The CS rep picks up after a brief hold and apparently interupted an existing call by picking up my call because she was surprised not to be speaking to her current caller.  Not a primary English speaker, she had difficulty starting the call and confirming my information, then wanted to roll into a script before having a discussion.  How was that an escalation of customer care?  I simply wanted a new price for the service I already have with any contract term.  Why can't I talk to a sharp rep who can cut to the chase and offer a good deal?  Where are those guys that used to come around the neighborhood?  AT&T Fiber and Google Fiber are building out networks in nearby subdivisions so they'll be here soon.  If Comcast wants me to stay a customer, they don't act like it. 

Official Employee

Re: Why is it so difficult to discuss plans and re-up? Why can't the L1 Reps see all plans?

Hello WBB77. We're sorry you feel that way. We certainly value all our customers, including you. I can assist you with an account review to see if there are any offers available that may better suit your needs. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can help you.