Community Forum

Why has my channel lineup been slashed (for same price)

New Poster

Why has my channel lineup been slashed (for same price)

I have been a xfinity customer for a number of years with NO changes to my cable or internet package. All of a sudden, Comcast blocked nearly all my channels and I now am getting a message that I need a new subscription for what we’re standard channels I’ve received and paid for since day 1. Channels like TNT, TBS, Motortrend, Nick, CN, etc have been blocked.

Now I’m being told that we were never supposed to get those channels in the first place and they have just “corrected their mistake” but want me to keep paying the same amount for less service.

I am tired of waiting on hold to talk with reps that don’t speak English, and to get transferred around to just be told that I need to fork over more money to get what we’ve been paying for all along...

Is there a number I can call to talk to someone in charge that can actually help?
Expert

Re: Why has my channel lineup been slashed (for same price)

It sounds like you have been going along with an old (now obsolete) cable-box. It is possible the box still got some channels that are not available with your level of service. Be happy with your past luck. 

I will move your post to "Customer Service" where they can help you out. They can check your service in case something else is causing your problem.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!