Community Forum

Why does it take 2-3 weeks to get an appointment for installation!?

New Poster

Why does it take 2-3 weeks to get an appointment for installation!?

I have been trying to cancel my service and give it to a new tenant. I have done this many many times for 5 different accounts across 5 different properties for 7 years now. This is the first time in all those years that when I encourage the new tenant to set up service, they cannot get a technician for 2-3 weeks!! Why is this?? I have never had trouble before in getting a NEW account installed in 2-3 days, or a week at the most. What is going on with the supply/management of technicians or why can't my new tenants get service for their move-in date?

The customer service response has been ridiculous in making 2-3 weeks sound normal since it absolutely is not considering my history with comcast and how many accounts I've had to do this with (20-25 shifts of accounts over 7 years)

Official Employee

Re: Why does it take 2-3 weeks to get an appointment for installation!?

Hello Kizzlethenizzle, the time that it takes for an install to be completed depends on our tech availability. You can expedite the wait by having the new tenants go into a local Comcast service center and pick up their equipment or they can be shipped SIK's (self install kits) as long as the pole outside your home is still active. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!