Community Forum

Why do have I have internet connectivity issues every time it rains?

New Poster

Why do have I have internet connectivity issues every time it rains?

I live in the Buena Park area in Chicago, IL. Does anyone else constantly have internet connectivity isseus and intermittent downtime almost every time it rains? I don't understand why it continually happens. The last few times I reported the issue, I was told it was a node issue and then an "issue with the lines." I'm just curious why these problems are not rectified if they are known to Comcast. What does it take to get this root problem fixed? I live in a mid-rise apartment complex, so it's not like I have authority over the building's property or installation. What does an "issue with the lines" mean here? I'm sick of experiencing unexpected downtime over and over again.

Official Employee

Re: Why do have I have internet connectivity issues every time it rains?

Hi zimmeand, I would like to review this further for you if you are still experiencing service issues.  Please send me a private message with your full name to begin.  

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!