Community Forum

Why do I still have Internet Service?

New Poster

Why do I still have Internet Service?

I cancelled my inernet service on September 1st. The agent informed me that my service would be disconnected that day. However, I still had service, and I figured it was going to get cancelled soon. It still didn't, so I called back today to ask, and the agent told me that my account shows up as "disconnected". Since she did not know how to investigate further, she just told me to enjoy my service while it lasts.

Is there a way to actually cancel my internet? I have power cycled my gateway muliple times and I still have service. Could it be that the gateway is still in Xfinity's system?

I'd love to cancel because I don't want to be liable for "stealing" internet from Xfinity. Can someone please help me with this?

Official Employee

Re: Why do I still have Internet Service?

Hi @pikafu

Thank you for posting to the Xfinity Forums. I'd be happy to help get this taken care of.  

Can you please send a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different?

To send a Private Message, please click "Comcast_Support” and click “send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Why do I still have Internet Service?

Hello, we haven't heard from you.  Please don't hesitate to reach back out if you still need assistance.

Thank you

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!