Community Forum

Why do I put up with this?

Highlighted
Contributor

Why do I put up with this?

I want to share my experience with this company over the last few months. LONG post!

For many years we had Comcast service on 4 TVs with any room DVR. Late last year I noticed the DVR service only on the main unit but not the others. I did not contact Comcast at the time because we watched primarily from one unit
On May 22 I had a chat with an agent who said our main box needed updating and he would order a new one.
A week later I had not received a notice of the order or shipment so chatted again only to be told the previous agent never completed the order. This agent did order the box which was delivered
When I set the box up I still had no DVR service in the other rooms. I had a three hour chat with an agent trying to get it resolved with no luck so she said she would have someone call later that day.
The call never came in so around 8 that night I called and that agent also could not provide help but promised upper level folks would call the next day.
As before that call never came in so I called back. After a LONG conversation another agent said we actually needed to update all boxes.
Theses were sent to me but rather than ship the old ones back I inquired about taking them to the local store so I could be sure the account showed them as cleared and the correct ones in our file.
The agent said that due to COVID the local store was closed but would reopen on June 30th. I understood no credit would be given until the returned items were received.
After one week one of the “new” boxes malfunctioned and no longer worked. A tech person was assigned to come to the house to replace that box and make sure there were no wiring issues.
The tech installed the new box and at last I had any room DVR in all rooms.
By this time the date had arrived that the store was due to open. On Friday July 3rd I went to the location only to find the store closed with no signs of having been open or even about to open. There were probably 10 UPS stickers on the storefront of attempted deliveries.
I returned home and had another chat with a rep who suggested another location. I asked if that store was open with the next day being a holiday. I was told yes they were open and would be until 7. I then went to that location but not only was the store closed, there was not even a store AT that location as it has been closed for a long time!
The local Comcast shop is close to that store location so I went there but it was closed as well apparently due to COVID
I came home and had ANOTHER chat, boxed up the items and shipped them back.
During these maddening problems I was offered some credits for my lost services and lost time.
But last month my bill was actually HIGHER than in previous months. So it was time for another chat
The agent I chatted with said I could actually get a faster internet and could cost about 60.00 less per month. She sent an email with the quote but I did not look at it at that time. The email said it was good for 72 hours. However when I tried to access it the next day the quote was no longer available. So another chat and the rep said the quote was $50.00 higher than the previous quote. She said she would have someone contact me from a higher level and this was done and the price was back to the original quote.
I asked if we needed to do ANYTHING with regards to needing new equipment and she assured me we did not. So I agreed to the new plan.
That same night our internet was actually slower than before and the the next morning our main unit had NO reception. So of course I called and that agent said that unit, the MAIN VIEWING UNIT had been disconnected!!!!! She said she could enter a change to activate if for $2.50 per month. And on top of that we had no internet service. Of course I said yes for the $2.50 for the main unit and then she said we would actually need a new modem as that was the reason we lost internet service.
An upper level person was able to temporarily restore internet for the next week while we waited on the new modem which arrived yesterday. I installed it but we still have no internet or land line service. I chatted with an agent about this and was told to expect a call last night after 6:30. By 8:09 and no call I called Comcast and after a 40 minute hold time finally got through and that agent said tech would call me at 7:30 today and would be at the house by 8:00.
8:15 and no call or techs I called and was told they would be here between 8AM and 8 PM. I was incensed as my wife is working from home and with no internet service that is impossible. I did have a hopeful call when an agent called me and tried to get the modem working with no luck. I had another online chat to inquires about the techs and was told they should be tomorrow. He asked about giving me credits.
I think they miss the entire point. It’s not necessarily a money thing or credit thing. It’s about RELIABILITY and SERVICE.
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Why do I put up with this?

@yensid 

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to the Forums.  A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.  

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello @yensid, thanks for reaching out to our Digital Care Team through our Forums page. We appreciate you being a customer with us. It's truly unsettling to hear about the troubles and experience you have had around trying to get your services working properly as they should be. This is absolutely not the kind of experience we strive for our customers to receive. I can't apologize enough for all of the inconvenience and frustration this has caused you. I definitely want to assist you with addressing these concerns and be of any other assistance needed as well. 

Can you please send me a private message including your first and last name as it appears on the account?

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “Send a message". 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Contributor

I’ve sent the requested information via Private Messenger. I also had a long discussion by phone with an agent this morning that MAY be the beginning of a resolution to the latest issue. .
Highlighted
Contributor

I guess Comcast as a general rule does not like customers that have been with them for over 30 years. Maybe it’s the fact there has never been a late or missed payment.

The saga continues as I’ve had NO response on these boards since I submitted the requested information
I had a chat last night with a rep and was assured someone one be contacting us last night. This , of course, never happened. So I called this morning and had a conversation over an hour long with an agent was going to try once again for the tech team to be at our house
Nope. Not gonna happen unless they are here within 5 minutes

I did take it on my own to reinstall our old modem and was able to get internet service for my wife so she could work and land line service restored.

Maybe the techs will be here bright and early tomorrow.

Yeah, right. Who am I kidding?
Highlighted
Expert

@yensid 

This isn't real time chat; this is a message board and you'e not the only one that @ComcastAmira is helping.  Also, our Official Employees do not work 24/7.  They are people with regular office hours like most employees.  ComcastAmira will get back with you as soon as she is able.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Contributor

Then at least an acknowledgement that the info she requested had been received and also explained as you did.
Highlighted
Contributor

This is getting comical the longer the story goes.

I had another call with an agent on Friday afternoon who said he understood and was putting in notes for the team to bring a new modem when they checked the cables.
I also had an on line chat Friday night and was promised tech would be here between 8-10 on Saturday.
This of course did not happen so I had another chat and again was promised they would be here on Sunday between 8-10.
As I write this I am on hold. An agent called to talk about the situation and said he wanted to run some tests and would place me on hold. But now I am getting message to hold “for the next available representative” so I have no idea if the agent has lost me or if this is standard. I bet he has lost me.
Highlighted
New Poster

I totally empathize with your situation. I am another long-time Comcast customer who is totally fed up with them. Their tech support used to be great - they answered their phones right away - you could get a quick appt. but lately they are a nightmare. Spent 2 hours on the phone with them - 3x - before I could get them to make an spot. Over 1 hour of that each time was just to get someone to answer. Then tech came out and would not fix the other 2 TVs - fixed just the main one. Said he was not allowed due to Covid. Covid is not an excuse for terrible service. We pay good money for service - not excuses. I am done with them. I am sure they will be losing a lot of customers with their terrible service.