Community Forum

Why do I get "We're sorry. Please contact us..." everytime I click change plan/modify service?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Why do I get "We're sorry. Please contact us..." everytime I click change plan/modify service?

My current plan is about to expire, but when I click any change plan/modify service links I'm redirected to a page that says:

We're sorry.

Please contact us and one of our friendly and knowledgeable representatives can help.

I just want to see what options are available after the price of my current plan goes up. Everytime I've called, in the past, they've tried to upsell and bundle which is the last thing I need right now.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Why do I get "We're sorry. Please contact us..." everytime I click change plan/modify

I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to get my mom internet service at home while she's stuck in quarantine, and we ran into problems with the install because she uses Dish for her TV service, and apparently the dish is using the only cable lead into the house. So I talked her into trying switching from Dish to Xfinity for TV, but when I try to to update my order or even view available options I just land on the page you mentioned every time. And when I click on "Contact Us" the only real option it offers to deal with the issue is a chat function, so I tried that, and the chat window didn't even have an option for me to type a message. It was like it wanted me to speak to it, which didn't work, so in the end, I was not able to contact anyone in customer service in any way, shape, or form. I couldn't even send so much as an email, let alone call and talk to a person. 

Despite having negative experiences with Comcast in the past, I am actively trying to bring them new business and yet I am completely stonewalled by their system. At this point, I would rather cancel the order completely and get my mom internet through Dish (which I didn't know was an option at the time), but I can't even find any way to cancel the order.