Community Forum

Why did I get a new modem sent?

New Poster

Why did I get a new modem sent?

I just received a new modem shipped. XB3. Same as the one that I already have, and I did not ask for one. Can you tell me why?is this an upgrade in tech? Will it cost more?

Problem Solver

Re: Why did I get a new modem sent?

Hello Senna123,

I apologize for your concerns and the delay in response. Due to the technical issues you have been experiencing lately with your modem you were sent a replacement. There is no additional charge for this exchange. We do ask that you return your current modem to your local Comcast Store or UPS Store. If you have any other questions or concerns please reply back. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Feel Lucky I tried to get a new modem shipped to me for 6 weeks and it was promised by 3 different people and they never sent one. 

You didnt ask for one and got one. awesome. I have to laugh at this one. 

Contributor

You can always take your WG into a Comcast Service Center and exchange it for a new WG if you are having problems, at no charge.  Plus you get the WG now, and don't have to wait for shipping and cost of shipping ($5.95).

Gold Problem Solver

Cadman01 wrote: You can always take your WG into a Comcast Service Center and exchange it ...

Chances are good that some who read your message will have no idea what a "WG" is.

Contributor

Sorry, WG stands for Wireless Gateway.

Regular Contributor

You probably got mine that I was promied over a week ago.

New Poster

How can I return this new modem surprisingly got it in the mail not good Comcast
Contributor

You probably got a new modem from Comcast because the modem you have has been deemed "End of Life (EOL)" or it has a problem that was shown by the manufacturer to have a defect that will make it go bad.  You can return your old modem via UPS free of charge by taking it to any UPS Store or to the closest Comcast Store.