Community Forum

Why can't the Xfinity Store reps sign up existing customers for new deals?

Regular Contributor

Why can't the Xfinity Store reps sign up existing customers for new deals?

I mean one would think that in order to make it easier to retain customers that the company would want those customers to be able to sign up in one of their stores for a new deal or be able to offer promotions to those customers. A happy customer is one who is more likely to want to stay with your service(s).

So why make people take time out of their day to call 'retention' to threaten to cancel just to give them a new promotion?

Just curious.

Regular Contributor

Re: Why can't the Xfinity Store reps sign up existing customers for new deals?

@CheapestGamer wrote:

I mean one would think that in order to make it easier to retain customers that the company would want those customers to be able to sign up in one of their stores for a new deal or be able to offer promotions to those customers. A happy customer is one who is more likely to want to stay with your service(s).

So why make people take time out of their day to call 'retention' to threaten to cancel just to give them a new promotion?

Just curious.

I'd STILL like an answer for this. Why can't the in store Xfinity reps offer new deals to existing customers? Why must we either call 'retentions' or come on here?