Community Forum

Why can't I receive the channels I pay for?I

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Why can't I receive the channels I pay for?I

We are staying in our second home in VT, because Florida has too many COVID issues.  When we moved here in March, we had no internet.  I asked Comcast what it would cost to have a line run the half mile to my house from the road.  Comcast quoted me $70,000 to run the fiber optic cable.  when I posted on this blog, Comcast promised to help.  I had four people working fom home on moblie apps.  Comcast did not help.  They just went silent.  So I had the fiber optic cable installed myself.  It took two months, but cost a fraction of what Comcast was charging me.  NOW that I have internet, I am finding that Comcast will not let me access the channels that I am paying for.  Everything I want to watch, the USOpen, for example, and now football can only be access from my home network.  I am paying $216 a month for internet/tv and phone in Jax, but Comcast will not let me take it with me.  I pay for a premium package so that I can watch the sports I want to watch, and NOW I am being told that I cant access what I am paying for.  So what are my options?  I understand that with Direct TV I can access the channels that I pay for.  Additionally, I can buy apps for HULU, Sling, HBO Netflix and ESPN and watch everything i want for WAY less than $200 a month.  I have been a customer for over 20 years.  But I see no reason to remain one.  If Comcast cannot meet its customers changing needs, it wil become obsolete very quickly.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Why can't I receive the channels I pay for?I

Some channels are ToGo channels and some are In your home only (your primary home with your internet service). Those are how the channels/networks are licensed.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Why can't I receive the channels I pay for?I

I signed up for YouTube TV.  I now have access to all the football and the Tennis channel through my Roku device.  These are all the things that I pay for with Comcast, but I cannot access.  I go back to Jax next week.  I will evaluate what I need there and probably cancel Comcast. Even the new trial with Roku and Xfinity Streaming only works in your own home.  I can't take it to my other home, and it still blocks the content I want to watch,  so it is useless to me I can with the other apps.  Comcast, get in the game!