Community Forum

Why can't I get consistent answers from customer service

Frequent Visitor

Why can't I get consistent answers from customer service

I have had comcast for a painful 17 years.  My internet constantly goes out.  I regularly call for a credit and each time it's a different story and different lie.  Yes, lie.  I have wasted so many hours of my time on the phone with comcast, not to mention Frustration, anger, and a complete run around.  Not to mention that each time you call, it's at least an hour each time. 

The last time I called when my internet was down I was passed around to 4 people.  The first tried to tell me that my modem was obsolete and that was the reason for poor internet.  I just replaced this internet in the fall, so I found that hard to believe.  Well, that was incorrect information.  After being passed around 3 more times and 90 min later, another rep told me that they have no idea what the other rep was looking at, but it certainly wasn't my account because my modem was new, but she could see the outages.  In fact, she said that I had so many outages the credit to be issued was beyond her limit.  She was submitting it up for approval.  Great! Finally some resolution. 

I call back a week later (today) to check on it, and not to my surprise, there was no record of the credit to be issued or notes about this in my account.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME????  So I go through the process again.  I asked to speak to a supervisor to address the customer service issue and was told we can't help you with that and they continued to hang up on me.  Oh, BTW - that's not the first time someone has hung up on me.  Comcast has the most unprofessional customer service reps I've ever dealt with in my life.  This is the second time that, looking back, I feel a rep just said whatever they needed to make me happy and get me off the phone with no follow through at all.  The exact same situation happened in the fall. When I called to follow up, there was no record.  And yes, I always have names of who I talked to. Not that it matters since they can't give out last names.

I was told another time when I called to submit a letter on the Comcast website and an executive would review it.  REALLY??  I can't even speak to anyone with authority let alone an executive that cares. Please, please tell me where to do that, and I kindly will document every single one of my calls. 

Bottom line, there needs to be some resolution and monetary compensation for the frustration and time that I have spent over and over again unesecasily and the inaccurate information that is most often provided by customer service.  This is just one recent example. This has been going on for years and I'm fed up.  Funny thing is, I hear this same story from so many people. It's like they are reliving my customer service nightmare as well.  If comcast really cares....  They will fix customer service, becuase it's broken.