Community Forum

Why are some offers hidden?

Frequent Visitor

Why are some offers hidden?

I dread the date on the calendar when my subscription comes up for renewal. I know it means my rate will skyrocket, and another round of "find the best deal" will begin again. I lietally only sign up for 2-year contracts, just to try and delay the inevitable.

The worst part is that Comcast seems to hide so many subscription offers once it knows I'm an existing customer. Right now, the only offers I'm shown are for 15 million channels that I'll never watch, paired with internet speeds slow enough to frustrate a tortoise. I *know* there are options for Internet Plus available, for free HBO, for 220, or 140, or fewer channels available -- but I have to go "incognito" just to see them, much less be able to sign up for them.

Why can't I just get a fair rate for decent internet speed, a handful of good channels including HBO, and a DVR to watch them on? Why must I jump through hoops and run around in circles to accomplish what should be a run-of-the-mill subscription renewal process?

And why does Comcast feel compelled to nickel-and-dime on extra fees for equipment, for HD service, and on and on and on? It can't be that they're trying to make their rates look lower than "the other guys" -- because Comcast has a virtual monopoly. There *are* no other guys!

Frequent Visitor

Invisible offers

I know that Comcast offers multiple double play packages -- I get offers to sign up for them in the mail practically every week.

But if I am signed onto my account, and Comcast knows who I am, it will only show me a couple of upsell offers -- packages containing way more channels than I will ever watch, and at Internet speeds that would make a tortoise blush.

Why can't Comcast simply show me the actual offers available, and let me pick the one that is right for me?

Official Employee

Re: Why are some offers hidden?

Hello @dittyesq. We're sorry you feel that way. We certainly value your business. 

Regarding promotional discounted offers, We offer an introductory rate for the first 6 months, 1 year, or 2 years depending upon the offer. After the introductory period offer expires, the price does go to what we call Everyday Price or regular rate.

I can assist you with an account review to see if there are any offers available to better suit your needs. If you would like this, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

Also, per our Comcast Forum Guidelines , please refrain from creating duplicate posts about the same topic.