Community Forum

Why am I paying for this service call?

Regular Visitor

Why am I paying for this service call?

I have had constant problems with my wireless wifi boxes freezing. Comcast actually called me at 10 pm one evening asking if my problems were solved. I asked if it was customary to call customers this late and they replied they were calling from Colorado and forgot about the time difference?! They scheduled a service call which resulted in my wireless slave being removed and replaced. Now I am being charged $60 plus taxes for this service call. I am being told this is legit and cannot be refunded. This is outrageous as I don't own this box, was never told I would be charged, never signed anything. When I look at the policy online it clearly states you will not be charged unless the problem is with interior wiring. I have never paid for any service call as the problem always is Comcast equipment. Now I am being told I must take my own equipment to a service center or pay a monthly fee in order to not pay for a technician. I have been a customer 30 years so I have given Comcast over 60k and they can't credit this fee! 

Expert

Re: Why am I paying for this service call?

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Expert

@Nicolpk wrote:

They scheduled a service call which resulted in my wireless slave being removed and replaced. Now I am being charged $60 plus taxes for this service call. I am being told this is legit and cannot be refunded. 

This is an error -- you shouldn't have been charged if the primary issue was just a bad box. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Hello, I can assist you further from here if you would like. Would you mind if I look at your account?

Regular Visitor

Yes please look at my account .

Regular Visitor

Hello Comcast,

were you able to look at my account?

Regular Visitor

Hello Comcast, what did you find out about my service call?

Official Employee

Nicolpk, I'm following up for Shane while he's out of the office. Please send me a private message with your full name and phone number so I can take a look at this tech visit charge. Just click my name and then click private message me. Thanks. 

KenF

Official Employee

Nicolpk, glad were able to take care of that charge! Feel free to post again if you need anything. 

KenF