Community Forum

Why am I not allowed to get internet without cable?

New Poster

Why am I not allowed to get internet without cable?

Hey all, 

I've had service for forever, but being the blase type never close-looked at my bill. I just realized that I'm being charged for all kinds of cable services I never wanted nor signed up for. I really only want internet. Is there an option for this? I don't like being forced to buy something I don't want, and if it really isn't possible what other companies don't do this? Thanks!

Expert

Re: Why am I not allowed to get internet without cable?

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Hello userbmcdowell, I can assist you with finding some internet only deals. Please send me a private message verifying following information:

-Your first and last name

-Primary phone number on the account

-The street address associated with your services

-Full account number

To send a private message, click on my name "ComcastAmir", then click private message me.

New Poster

I don't want to pay almost $20 in additional tv fees - I do not need to pay these with Netflix and Hulu - and would prefer to change to an internet only account now that my contract is almost up.  Why will Xfinity not allow this?

Official Employee

@broncol8ver

I can review your account to see if there are any internet only promotions that are available. Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the account number or phone number associated with your services.