Community Forum

Why am I being billed for these things?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Why am I being billed for these things?

I changed my service yesterday to Internet and Phone only.  I was told I would have 300mbs service and no TV.  So why am I being billed extra for something called Blast!, plus "Regional Sports Fee" and "Broadcast TV Fee"?  Again, I have no TV and so obviously not watching sports or Broadcast TV.  I wold like to have these charges removed.  Edit:  i also attached the amount quoted, that I sighned for and the amount that is on my account page.  A $22 differenence in Xfinity's favor.

PFA

Services.jpg
Xfinity Currently Pay.jpg
Xfinity Confirmation.jpg
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Why am I being billed for these things?

Greetings, @jtpryan1! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day and staying safe out there. I certainly apologize for the confusion on the bill. As you have mentioned, you have just recently made a change in the middle of your current package. What you will see is a proration from the old package that had TV services on it to the new package with just internet and phone services. Please bear in mind the MyAccount app or website (https://xfin.tv/2UVH34a) 5-7 business days to update with the proration between the old package and the new package. In some circumstances, it can take up to the next billing cycle. Your next bill should not include the Regional Sports Fee or Broadcast TV Fee as it will just be for the internet and phone only. If you still have questions feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks!  Hey, that streaming device, will they just send it, or do I need to pick it up?  Also, I need to return the DVR, how long do I have?  I'm hesitant to leave the house right now for obvious reasons.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Any chance I can get a reply to my follow-up question?