Community Forum

Why Your Company Is Losing My Business

New Poster

Why Your Company Is Losing My Business

Hello All-

I wanted to share my story with you regarding your company in hopes that you can see, first-hand, why your company has one of the worst customer service reputations and will continue to hemorrhage profits as a result.

I have been what your consultants like to call "a loyal customer" since 2012. I have had a cable package plus internet. Recently, we decided we no longer wanted to pay such a hefty price for cable, and wanted to go internet-only. I had researched pricing for high speed internet, and knew about what I should pay.

When I called your company, I got "Josh" who initially thanked me profusely for being such a loyal customer for so long. When I told him what I wanted to do, he repeatedly tried to talk me out of it, interrupted me, was condescending, telling me "you're still going to be paying $90 a month because the $55 deal is for new customers only" and he kept repeating it, without letting me finish my sentences.

So, enjoy all those new customers that must be signing up in droves in order to offset the loss of people like me who have been paying our bills consistently for years. Seems like a solid business plan? 

I intend to share this story on all platforms, social media, etc. 

Thanks for your time. Fix your company.

Kenny Childers

Official Employee

Re: Why Your Company Is Losing My Business

Hi Kenny, 

This isn't the experience we want for our customers. To clarify what could have been communicated in a much better way, new customers are offered lower-priced plans as an introductory rate. This promotion is provided for a limited time like the plans offered for existing customers. 

I'd be more than happy to see if I any offers that will help lower the rate of the internet only service you are requesting. If interested, can you please verify your first and last name, full street address, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.