Community Forum

Why Credit check is hard pull inquiry?

New Poster

Why Credit check is hard pull inquiry?

I called up Xfinity agent to setup new internet connection and wifi. They mentioned initially there will be no deposit  but asked me to provide my SSN to check my credit history. When I asked the agent he clearly mentioned it will be a soft pull and would not affect my credit. But then I got a notification from my Equifax that Comcast has done a hard pull. This has affected my credit score.

I called up Xfinity/ Customer service they created ticket number and asked me to follow up after a week.When I called up after week the agent who spoke mentioned there was no follow up on ticket and created second ticket and again asked me to call after a week.

This time when i called again customer service billing agent after speaking to him for half an hour said nothing has ben followed up on both tickets. He mentioned usually we do soft pull and apologized. Finally said we cannot do anything.

Agents are not communicating/ clearly trained. If I knew they would do hard pull and mess up my credit score, I would not have given my SSN at first place. Very bad experience with xfinity.

Can anyone help me with this? How this can be masked/ removed? Please advise.