Community Forum

Why 2 receivers in self install kit?

New Poster

Why 2 receivers in self install kit?

I received a self install kit for my change from "TV only" service to TV+Internet. I have my own modem/router (ArrisSBG7580-AC). What confuses me is that the self install kit includes what appears to be 2 xfinity receivers. One is a small XiD-C model with remote and the other is a larger XG2v2-P with remote. I am connecting only one TV. Did they incorrectly send me a 2-TV kit or is there some other reason for having the two separate boxes?

Expert

Re: Why 2 receivers in self install kit?

@djwittmier wrote:

I received a self install kit for my change from "TV only" service to TV+Internet. I have my own modem/router (ArrisSBG7580-AC). What confuses me is that the self install kit includes what appears to be 2 xfinity receivers. One is a small XiD-C model with remote and the other is a larger XG2v2-P with remote. I am connecting only one TV. Did they incorrectly send me a 2-TV kit or is there some other reason for having the two separate boxes?

keep the HD box XG2 and return the XiD-C

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Hello djwittmier, do you need further assistance? 

New Poster

No further assistance required