Community Forum

Who to contact for a site survey / estimate to extend service to new address

Regular Visitor

Who to contact for a site survey / estimate to extend service to new address

In the stage of making an offer on a house. High speed internet is a necessity for work. Before even looking at the house in person, I contacted customer service (support chat) at Comcast and after 30 minutes of back and forth they told me the address I was inquiring about did not currently have Comcast high speed internet, BUT it was available. That's the ONLY reason we went and looked at the house. After talking to the neighbor, it turns out that Comcast internet ENDS at the main road, approximately 900 feet from the house we want to purchase.  I've spent hours on the phone and cannot find out who I need to talk to about extending comcast service to this address.

I understand that this might incur some cost for - we are fine with that - but waiting MONTHS to get it done is a no go. High speed is required for our jobs. Can someone direct me to someone who can help me?  I obviously need a site survey done and need to get an estimate on how much it would cost to get the service extended to the house.

We are also open to signing a contract and paying for Comcast business internet if that is somehow available.

Thanks.

Expert

Re: Who to contact for a site survey / estimate to extend service to new address

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Re: Who to contact for a site survey / estimate to extend service to new address

Hello ctandc. I can assist with submitting a serviceability survey ticket for you, so we can determine if we are able to extend service to your new address, and what cost may be associated. Please send me a private message and include your full name, home address, and primary contact phone number so I can assist you.