Community Forum

Where is my XB6 modem?

Regular Visitor

Where is my XB6 modem?

I'm not going to get into all of the details so I can keep this short. I signed up for Gigabit service last Wednesday. I asked to be sent a self-install kit, I received an XB3 modem, which is incorrect. The XB3 modem is not DOCSIS 3.1 and not capable of anything close to 1000Mbps. Since, I have chatted with at least 4 different reps, talked with 3 different reps on the phone, visited the Comcast store and had a technician visit my house. All of which ended in me not receiving the XB6 modem. I'm told they are "out of stock" or "not available", I'm just told my XB3 modem is adequate or that the XB3 is "all they have." For the love of god and all that is holy, can somebody please help me? I cannot tell you how much I've been lied to. I have charges on my bill for shipping fees and a service call that still hasn't delivered the service I'm paying for. I'm paying for Gig service and receiving 30 Mbps on my own modem currently. This is an absolute nightmare.

Tags (3)
Regular Visitor

Re: Where is my XB6 modem?

Update: Comcast could not provide me an XB6 modem for my Gigabit service. I'm told they are out of stock. I'm a bit concerned that Comcast is selling a service that they cannot deliver. With that said, I went out to Walmart, purchased a new DOCSIS 3.1 Motorola modem and called support to activate it. Even before activating the modem, support found they were somehow provisioning my account for 30Mbps instead of the required Gigabit plan that I was paying for. After that was corrected and my new modem was activated, I'm now pulling around 970Mbps down. With that said, I'm hoping that posting my poor experience here will better those in the future.

New Poster

Re: Where is my XB6 modem?

Gigabit service is slowly being rolled out. It is near me, but not yet in my neighborhood.

It is my understanding that the XB6 modem shown in the commercials are only available in Gigabit areas, and REQUIRES a truck roll and technician install.