Community Forum

Where did my comment go?

New Poster

Where did my comment go?

I commented today about the continued rising cost of Comcast and asked how my bill could decrease to the rates being offered all over the internet.  Rather than an answer when I checked my question was gone.  I guess cancelling Comcast is my only option.  Wait a year and then return to Comcast again.  Is that the answer?

Valued Contributor

Re: Where did my comment go?

Good morning,

I see a subject, Customer Loyalty, begun by you yesterday. It's now down to about half way down page one. Guessing that has to be the one your concerned with, as you're showing 2 posts in your profile, this being the 2nd. You've also had a reply there..

As for your pricing, I generally have pretty good luck going thru the phone system. You will, of course, speak to the front line CSR's first. They generally can't do anymore than offer you an upgrade, at a usually good price, but with an increase...no love there. Be courteous tho, thank them for their effort and ask to be connected to Customer Solutions. Let them know your needs, both in services, and pricing. Usually they do a good job of trying to work with you to come to a reasonable price. If that doesn't work for you, you may get some attention from an "Official Employee" here. I also used this route before and been very satisfied with the results.

One of the main points I have learned thru time...be patient and courteous with the CSR's. They are your first contact, and can be a very good allie, or perhaps, you're worst enemy, at the time. They have a stressful job dealing with the public, and try their best to get you satisfied. Generally, being courteous to them will get you advance thru to Customer Solutions, with them waiting on hold with you until the new CSR connects, as opposed to being put on a never ending hold..

As for the prices you see all over the internet, those are generally for new customers and it's highly doubtful you will see that price point, but generally they can come somewhere in the ball park to it...Yes, it's generally an every year ritual, but it is for all services such as this. Whether you're using Comcast, Direct TV, ATT, Verizon, or whoever, it's something you have to deal with.

Good luck with your endeavors.

Bronze Problem Solver

Genewntn gives great advice.  Here's a direct link to your first post, where you have a reply.  http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Customer-loyaty/m-p/3033715#M145398

You can find all your posts by clicking on the avatar blob of color in the upper right, and choosing Profile.

New Poster

Thank you I am calling ATT to see what they offer because their rates are so much less and they partner with Direct TV -