Community Forum

Where are my promised gift cards?

New Poster

Where are my promised gift cards?

I have Comcast. A week ago, I helped my parents sign up for a new Comcast TV and Internet account. In choosing the package, one of the incentives offered was a $50 gift card for them and a $50 gift card for me, for referring them. After all the setup was complete (all over the phone, start to finish), I tried to find out where and how I could get those gift cards. Comcast transferred me four different times in one call, and no department could provide answers...they kept wanting me to talk to the previous department. I have now wasted hours and I am STILL waiting on the promised gift cards, which were factored into my decision in which package to purchase. I look forward to hearing how Comcast will stand behind their word. 

Problem Solver

Re: Where are my promised gift cards?

Exactly where did you see the referral incentive offered?  Usually, there is a link/form to fill out somewhere.  Here is the link for the referral program: https://referafriend.xfinity.com

and  some text within: 

"Advocates must accept the Program terms through the following Site URL: www.xfinity.com/sharetheawesome and new customers must accept the Program terms through the following Site URL: www.xfinity.com/sharetheawesome (as may be revised by Comcast) when ordering service."

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Expert

@ajl21 wrote:

I have Comcast. A week ago, I helped my parents sign up for a new Comcast TV and Internet account. In choosing the package, one of the incentives offered was a $50 gift card for them and a $50 gift card for me, for referring them. After all the setup was complete (all over the phone, start to finish), I tried to find out where and how I could get those gift cards. Comcast transferred me four different times in one call, and no department could provide answers...they kept wanting me to talk to the previous department. I have now wasted hours and I am STILL waiting on the promised gift cards, which were factored into my decision in which package to purchase. I look forward to hearing how Comcast will stand behind their word. 

*Restrictions apply. Not available in all areas. To qualify as an advocate under the Xfinity® Refer-A-Friend Program (“Program”), you must sign in and register at xfinity.com/ReferAFriend and agree to the Program Terms and Conditions. After enrolling, you will receive a unique invitation code (“Code”). The referred customer must be a new residential customer who signs up for qualifying service(s) on xfinity.com and must include the Code when ordering. The referred customer must activate Xfinity service(s) within 30 days of receipt of program referral and continue to subscribe to qualifying services and remain an Xfinity customer in good standing for 60 consecutive days immediately following service activation before a Visa® Prepaid Card is awarded. Limit of up to $500 in Visa Prepaid Cards per calendar year. Subject to Xfinity Refer-A-Friend Program Terms and Conditions. May not be combined with other referral rewards or similar programs. Cards are issued by MetaBank®, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. This card can be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted. Prepaid Card mailed to Comcast account holder within 18 weeks of activation of all required services, and funds expire on date printed on front of card. © 2019 Comcast. All Rights Reserved. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

@jav6joev I really appreciate your reply. Smiley Happy Unfortunatley the offer was given to me over the phone by the representative who signed the new customers up. He repeated the offer verbally multiple times and assured me we would both receive gift cards. Now Comcast is telling me I needed to order online in order to get that promotion. It's super frustrating!! 

New Poster

@Again I really appreciate your reply. Smiley Happy Unfortunatley the offer was given to me over the phone by the representative who signed the new customers up. He repeated the offer verbally multiple times and assured me we would both receive gift cards. Now Comcast is telling me I needed to order online in order to get that promotion. It's super frustrating!! 

Regular Contributor

Delete

Official Employee

Hello all and thank you for your participation in our forum,

@ajl21 - I can double check your account to see if the iPad offer was applied or not. I can also reach out to the Xfinity Rewards department and ask for help with your situation. Please send me a private message and include your full name, the account holder's name as it's listed on the billing statement. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.

@giantssfan - Our team is in the USA as well Smiley Happy I see that one of my colleagues is already assisting you in PM, she will come back to the office on Wednesday. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!