Community Forum

Where are my lines located

New Poster

Where are my lines located

I contacted Xfinity to see if a technician could come out to mark where my underground lines are, because I'm having a pool installed in my back yard. I was told just have the pool installed & if I cut a wire someone would come out to repair it. Is this how Xfinity does things???
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Where are my lines located

Comcast isn’t going to come out to mark your lines. Call your local locating company to do it. You need more than just cable located for your own safety
http://call811.com/
After locating and you find your cable to your house is in the path of the pool Comcast will come out and run a new line in a different direction

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

I did call 811 & was informed they would not mark my personal cable line. I was told that i would need to contact comcast directly.
Diamond Problem Solver

Did you have the utility/gas locates done for your pool? Usually they’ll mark everything there. You can have Comcast out to relocate the drop if you think it’s where the pool will be going.

We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Yes all utilites have been marked except for Comcast.
Diamond Problem Solver

I would just have them out to reroute your drop then save you from heartache of cutting the line and waiting for a tech to come out. Techs don’t have locating equipment

New Poster

Thank you