Community Forum

What is a "loyalty" department

New Poster

What is a "loyalty" department

I have been a Comcast customer since 1978.  The prices have gone sky high and the customer service is the worst.  <Edited>   I just came off a promotion that was about $185 a month and called in as I have done many times over the years to get back on to a promotion.  This was always done without any hassle.  So when my bundle went from $185 to $239 in one month, I called.  To my surprise, not only was I not offered any of the promotional packages, but I got a huge runaround from the Philipines to Mexico.  I was told that the promotional programs are only for NEW customers.  I told them that is ridiculous in that I could cancel and then a few days later sign up and get the new customer price.  Then Comcast would have to cancel the account and then re-sign me (all a lot of paperwork, and the service takedown and put back up. I asked to be transferred to a loyalty department in the US and was told they couldn't transfer me back to the US.  I ended up accepting the basic package (almost no channels) for $188, but not only did I lose the only two channels that we watch between the basic and premier package, but now my TV freezes up whenever we go to a channel that is not in our package.  It is really maddening to have to turn the TV off and start again.  I told the rep at the "loyalty" department that the loyalty is one-sided.  I am the only one being "loyal", Comcast has no loyalty for my 41 years as a customer.  I'm soooo done that I will be canceling my service and looking for a company who cares to keep their very long-term customers.  At this rate, with streaming becoming more available, lower cost, and easy, it is doubtful that Comcast will survive.  <Edited>  I get movies and TV for free with my Prime membership.  I get ROKU streaming for the price of the device ($99) in perpetuity with no monthly fees, and I get HBOGO for $9,95 a month.  At this point, I can get the Internet from many carriers for less and choose what I want to watch without being forced to take 500 - 1000 channels when I watch only 8-10.  The only hope for Comcast is to restructure their price structure.  I would be glad to pay $5 per channel per month that I really want, and if there are channels I would like to add, I would then add them.  I really believe that Comcast would make as much or even more money with this type of structure as people continue to add channels that interest them, and if a channel doesn't sell, like any other product, drop it!  I'm sorry to be saying goodbye to Comcast after 41 years, but enough is enough....

Official Employee

Re: What is a "loyalty" department

Greetings, val47! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I apologize to hear of the experience you had when calling in. We certainly would hate to lose you after 41 years! If it's not too late I would like to have a look at your account and see if there is anything we could do for you. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: What is a "loyalty" department

Hello, val47. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new public thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!