Community Forum

What happened to trying to retain unhappy customers?

New Poster

What happened to trying to retain unhappy customers?

I have had comcast now for a few years and I am so totally disappointed in their "efforts" to try to make me happier as a customer.  I always pay my bill on time, I have the double play.  They are out of touch with how outrageously expensive their cable packages are.  I am looking at WOW now because I am so incredibly unhappy with the customer service I have received.  They don't seem to care at all if I cancel so why should I stay?  I talked to someone online, I spoke to someone in person, and I called over the phone.  And not a single one could make a single offer to me to lower my cable bill, not even by $10.  This is ridiculous.  If it wasn't for my husband I would cut the cord and never sign up for cable again, even though I enjoy it. Is anyone having success in getting customer service to actually assist them?  I call and my bill goes up. 

Regular Visitor

Re: What happened to trying to retain unhappy customers?

ericaw55,

re: Is anyone having success in getting customer service to actually assist them?

Answer: Yes, but...
I had Triple Play for two years. Monthly bill was $148.00
Two year plan ended beginning this January. New monthly charge: $215.00
I called and negotiated a new rate, same package but Starz was thrown in instead of HBO. New negotiated rate: $177.00
I received an email stating there was an error in processing my new monthly rate and my new rate will be: $188.00
I called Comcast and asked how they could change the " two year contract" we negotiated. I did not get an answer other than a mistake was made, etc.
I will be cancelling this upcoming week as I can get the same plan through WOW for $155.00 per month.
Lastly, the customer service representative I spoke with was very kind and apologized, but would/could not change the $188 price.

Expert

I have escalated your issues to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Hi ericaw55, I can assist going over promotions I have available and do my best to reduce your monthly bill.  Can you please send me a private message with your account information (name on account, address and account number).

Thank you 

Official Employee

Hi RikopusG, I have responded to your thread.

Thank you