Community Forum

What happened to trying to retain unhappy customers?

New Poster

What happened to trying to retain unhappy customers?

I have had comcast now for a few years and I am so totally disappointed in their "efforts" to try to make me happier as a customer.  I always pay my bill on time, I have the double play.  They are out of touch with how outrageously expensive their cable packages are.  I am looking at WOW now because I am so incredibly unhappy with the customer service I have received.  They don't seem to care at all if I cancel so why should I stay?  I talked to someone online, I spoke to someone in person, and I called over the phone.  And not a single one could make a single offer to me to lower my cable bill, not even by $10.  This is ridiculous.  If it wasn't for my husband I would cut the cord and never sign up for cable again, even though I enjoy it. Is anyone having success in getting customer service to actually assist them?  I call and my bill goes up. 

Regular Visitor

Re: What happened to trying to retain unhappy customers?

ericaw55,

re: Is anyone having success in getting customer service to actually assist them?

Answer: Yes, but...
I had Triple Play for two years. Monthly bill was $148.00
Two year plan ended beginning this January. New monthly charge: $215.00
I called and negotiated a new rate, same package but Starz was thrown in instead of HBO. New negotiated rate: $177.00
I received an email stating there was an error in processing my new monthly rate and my new rate will be: $188.00
I called Comcast and asked how they could change the " two year contract" we negotiated. I did not get an answer other than a mistake was made, etc.
I will be cancelling this upcoming week as I can get the same plan through WOW for $155.00 per month.
Lastly, the customer service representative I spoke with was very kind and apologized, but would/could not change the $188 price.

Expert

I have escalated your issues to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Hi ericaw55, I can assist going over promotions I have available and do my best to reduce your monthly bill.  Can you please send me a private message with your account information (name on account, address and account number).

Thank you 

Official Employee

Hi RikopusG, I have responded to your thread.

Thank you