Community Forum

What happened to support?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

What happened to support?

Xfinity moves all my gateway options the cloud. Port forwarding no longer works, nor can I delete it. I call in, it states I have errors on the gateway  (I know I dont, but whatever). I hang up and reboot it myself, still issues. Call back in. The system will not let me speak to an agent until it performs this reboot on it's own, I let it do it, never does it actually reboot the gateway. 

I cannot get anyone else on the phone until this is completed, not billing, not sales, not even to terminate my service. < Edited for violating Forum Guidelines> All I had is questions on the port forwarding and why it's not working anymore, cannot even delete the existing forwarding. 

I am now stuck waiting for a return call cause it still doesnt work. 

This is what a $300 a month bill for cable and $150 for cellular from Xifinity gets me? Your services are great (when they work, i know in certain areas it's a hit or miss), but I have never once not been angry by the time I finally get someone on the phone. <Edited>

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: What happened to support?

Hello, katiereigner! Welcome to the Xfinity Forums!

I'm sorry to hear you've had such difficulties getting through to our phone agents, but I would love to help with your gateway settings. Please send me a private message with your first and last name, as well as your service address so I can assist. 

In the meantime, please check out this handy guide we have to help walk you through port forwarding: https://xfin.tv/3bSq4q9

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!