Community Forum

What does it take?

Regular Visitor

What does it take?

Nashville customer here. I have had a Comcast cable down in my yard for more than 4 weeks. It's about 2 1/2 feet off the ground between the pole and my house. I have been given 5 service appointments Since the beginning of August so far. First one, no tech showed up, got a second one. Second one, ditto, rinse, repeat. Most recent was Monday 9/09, again no one showed. When I called local service, I was told it has been rescheduled for 9/16. Right. The young ladies on the phone (when I finally get to them) are very cordial and apologetic. I would rather they be able to get something done. I have repeatedly communicate that this is a hazard and if someone gts tangled up in it, it's on Comcast. I have been a customer (according to Comcast) since 1992. By my calculation, I have sent them somewhere between $40,000 and $50,000 over the years. What do I have to do to get a tech out here? - Dave in Nashville

Official Employee Digital Care

Re: What does it take?

Greetings, Davenicks! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I apologize to hear that this line has not been taken care of. This is certainly frustrating and we would like to make sure this is being taken care of. Can you please send us a PM with your first and last name so we may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click the name "Comcast_Support" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

When I click on Customer_Sujpport, it takes me to apge that does not seems to have anything on the right side or anywhere that refers to Private Message. The  page is this one: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/6093207

Regular Visitor

To be clear, there is no Send Message link on that page. So another week goes by, no follow up from you, still no action from Comcast. This has become a textbook case of lousy customer service.
Expert

@Davenicks wrote:
To be clear, there is no Send Message link on that page. So another week goes by, no follow up from you, still no action from Comcast. This has become a textbook case of lousy customer service.

This is what I see when I click on your link.

Send a message1.png

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

How nice for you! You send them a message. Because I see this2019-09-13 (1).png

Expert

@Davenicks wrote:

How nice for you! You send them a message. Because I see this

Your image has to be approved before I can see it.

However, I have re-escalated this and asked the team to look at to see if your PM's have been enabled.  In the meantime, you can also ensure that you are logged into the site.

Once logged in, in the upper right hand corner of the forum you should see a bell, an envelope, and your name; click on your name and then on Settings.

Then, click on Preferences.  On the next line, if you see Private Messenger on the right, click on that.  The first line underneath that should say Private Messenger Settings.  Under that should be Turn on private messages.  If there is no check mark in the box, check it, then scrolldown and click on Save.

private message settings.PNG

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Hello, Davenicks. Thanks again for reaching out to us. We apologize to hear you are having issues sending up a pm. Looking into your screenshot it does look like Again was on to something. In order to send us a PM, you need to be logged in. At the top right, it shows you are not logged in. Oddly enough this happens to us as well where you need to click sign in again in order for the system to pick it up and allow you to PM. Looking at your profile we do show PM are enabled.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

I'm glad I was able to assist you and getting this line taken care of, Davenicks. If you ever need further assistance don't hesitate to reach out to us.