Community Forum

What customer support office is ultimately in charge?

New Poster

What customer support office is ultimately in charge?

Since starting with Xfinity end of March 2018, I have experienced internet and tv disruptions.  I talk with either internet or tv support people to hear the same thing:  restart the respective box.  I also began to hear that maybe signal strength isn't enough, even though I asked that specific question when considering the service:  I was told Xfinity has the fastest in my area.

So, why do I have tv viewing disruptions when the box kicks in the screensaver (even before the 5 hours I set); an internet outage for approximately 15-20 minutes; tv viewing frozen while watching (change channels ok but frozen picture on screen).

I call the respective service support but is there an over-all support place that would take ownership of the line signal strength or bad cables or whatever?  Geez, I got charged for a service guy to come out and tell me that maybe the line to our street is slow ($40) and I still have problems.

Dear Comcast:

I'm not doing Comcast resets for you here on out.  And I'm not going to get new equipment by going to a your shop and install it for you.  And I'm not going to get charged for Comcast "service" calls for your problems.  And when I drop your "service" before the 2 years I'm not going to pay you for early termination.

Valued Contributor

Re: What customer support office is ultimately in charge?

It certainly sounds like you are having signal issues. This could be caused by a multitude of issues, which has nothing to do with Xfinity in your area being "fast or slow". It would start with your outlets in the home, then the wiring to the drop itself. Do you have splitters running multiple pieces of equipment? Are your coax cables up to date, or old/damaged? Then you move on to the drop line coming to your home. When was this put in? Is it up to date? Is it setup correct?

In short, you need a tech to come out and check it all out for you. Tech support at 1800 XFINITY.
New Poster

@JLDOOBLY wrote:
It certainly sounds like you are having signal issues. This could be caused by a multitude of issues, which has nothing to do with Xfinity in your area being "fast or slow". It would start with your outlets in the home, then the wiring to the drop itself. Do you have splitters running multiple pieces of equipment? Are your coax cables up to date, or old/damaged? Then you move on to the drop line coming to your home. When was this put in? Is it up to date? Is it setup correct?

In short, you need a tech to come out and check it all out for you. Tech support at 1800 XFINITY.

As a new Xfinity customer (March 28, 2018), Comcast had to install fresh new cable from the street to my house to my outlet (inside and out).  And the tech did come out in June to check and said all the cable connections from the street are good.

New Poster

1 TV and 1 router.

The day I experienced an internet outage (which prompted me to restart the router several times because that is the standard "fix" from Comcast) I was the only user -- no other devices or tv on.

New Poster

BTW.  Prince William County, Virginia.

Valued Contributor

I would still probably have another tech come out (they owe you 20.00 credit for each appointment it takes to get this fixed) and have the tech support try and send somebody higher up. You are certainly experiencing signal issues. The previous tech said all is good and just left, when it certainly isn't. Make sure to have tech show you the signal level coming from the drop line.

It is possible that the problem is past the drop, into the tap and beyond (which from there I have no experience, but it happens & takes a while to get fixed, if it all depending on the area)

It is also possible that your, or a neighbor's service, is causing noise. I am sure all of your connections are finger tight and have been rebooted many times, so I won't bother rehashing that.

There are a couple IT smart guys on here who can help you a bit more, as far as having you provide signal levels and all that (which is beyond my capability) So maybe one of those guys will help you. Best of luck
New Poster

@JLDOOBLY wrote:
I would still probably have another tech come out (they owe you 20.00 credit for each appointment it takes to get this fixed) and have the tech support try and send somebody higher up. You are certainly experiencing signal issues. The previous tech said all is good and just left, when it certainly isn't. Make sure to have tech show you the signal level coming from the drop line.

It is possible that the problem is past the drop, into the tap and beyond (which from there I have no experience, but it happens & takes a while to get fixed, if it all depending on the area)

It is also possible that your, or a neighbor's service, is causing noise. I am sure all of your connections are finger tight and have been rebooted many times, so I won't bother rehashing that.

There are a couple IT smart guys on here who can help you a bit more, as far as having you provide signal levels and all that (which is beyond my capability) So maybe one of those guys will help you. Best of luck

Thank you for supplying information.  I did ask the tech to escalate the troubleshooting -- says he did.  He had someone on the phone who tested/checked from the office, doing something.  Funny thing is, I asked if there could be a problem from any of our neighbor's setup, on the same line.  It's possible, the tech said.  Maybe someone came out later to check the cable.  I don't know.  But, I shouldn't need to know -- hence my inquiry about overall service support.

It's not like the product is always bad -- this is why it is frustrating to me.  I know Comcast can provide to my house.  But when there is a problem, I'll do some support if requested but not repeatedly.  When I get same "solutions" but no permanent resolution I feel as though I am an unappreciated customer.  Who wouldn't?

So, some sort of signal issue.  Do I direct that to the internet support?  Even if I am experiencing the problem while trying to watch tv?

Expert

@riderdlIf you want some help here, please post in the Your Home Network forum.

Start with this post and follow the directions.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.