Community Forum

What can i do as a 15 year old desperate for internet?

New Poster

What can i do as a 15 year old desperate for internet?

I apologize in advanced if this is the wrong section to be asking this in. So, about a year ago, my dad decided to stop paying as it was getting to be a bit too expensive, he didnt even wanna pay the last bill, so my sisters boyfriend said if he paid half he would pay the rest and get it under his name. Me and my father gave him 80$, he went and changed it, fast forward to today, they took it away for some stupid reason im not gonna get into, but he went as far as to block me from the internet. I'm using an Xfinity Hotspot solely only for my computer, my father wants to use it but due to his pride hes not asking or anything because they are also making us pay, and that may sound stupid but we didn't make them pay to use anything. Besides that, we also figured out he lied and just needed those 80$ to change it to his name, and as a result of that my dad is getting bills for 500$, originally we thought it was because of equipment issues and thats not it. He lied, basically just used our 80$ to change it to his name, i think my father should not be accountable for that as we did that in good heart, there is probably nothing we can do about that, now that part is out of the way, what can i do as a 15 year old?? I have my own job, i can pay for this entirely by myself if anyone can help??

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: What can i do as a 15 year old desperate for internet?

Unfortunately I don’t think they’ll work with a 15 year old, regardless of your working or not. On top of that you have existing outstanding bills at your current address and that’s a big red flag for them. Good luck in your present situation and hopefully you can get it worked out

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

Do you think i could be able to get someone like my sister to make an account under our address, and use my own debit card to make auto payments?? and it would only be for the living room.

Expert

@positivexd wrote:

Do you think i could be able to get someone like my sister to make an account under our address, and use my own debit card to make auto payments?? and it would only be for the living room.

An account is tied to an address, not just a person.  If there is an outstanding debt at that address for the account, you will not be able to get service until the debt is paid.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Diamond Problem Solver

@positivexd
I doubt that could happen with your sister(your address would all be by assumption to your family name), I honestly don’t know what you could do other than a different provider. Good luck!

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!