Community Forum

Weeks of Unreliable Service

New Poster

Weeks of Unreliable Service

I had X1 services (TV and internet) installed on May 25th.  Today is June 28th.  I have not had one single day of uninterrupted service.  That's seven weeks of service interruptions.  For the TV I get the error message that it cannot connect to the X1 platform.  With the internet I get service interruptions (brief outages) multiple times throughout the day, more frequent during business hours and especially the morning. This is a new subdivision and my neighbor is experiencing the same issue.  There's potential for more customers to sign up but they are garnering the reputation that their service is not worth it.  I work from home and this affects my livelihood. The entire situation is frustrating.  

I've had techncians come to my home and they say it's above their scope of knowledge and something in the neighborhood (perhaps a pole, node, cables, etc).  I get the run around when I contact customer service.  Agents are either apathetic or unknowledgable.  Multiple times I've been told that my ticket has been "escalated" but there has been no resolution to the issue.  There's never any follow up.  Tickets are closed and marked "resolved" when nobody has done anything.  Nobody can tell me what needs to be done, who will do it, or an expected time frame for completion.  The ball continually gets dropped.  How can I get this issue the visibility to someone who can do something?  The 1800 number is useless.  I'm writing a letter to corporate but I don't want it to end up in a pile of mail that never gets looked at. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Weeks of Unreliable Service

Well, they have already given you the impression my reply does, so.. yeah. It would be better to go to your local service center to try and get them to contact the correct department and follow up. The guys who come out to troubleshoot inside the home, escalate that to the proper teams to check neighborhood line issues. Unfortunately, those guys OFTEN mark it as resolved/completed without doing anything, everywhere. Make sure to let your local center know this is happening, and that you will escalate higher if you need to. This is a problem that happens far too often, nothing is notated or commented on, just marked as resolved with no repercussions.