Community Forum

Was sent the wrong modem as part of upgrading to Gigabit Speeds?

Regular Visitor

Was sent the wrong modem as part of upgrading to Gigabit Speeds?

Hello.

I recently upgraded my internet to the Gigabit package, and was told that they'd be shipping a new modem/router to support the higher speeds as my original package was the 100mbps plan. It arrived on time, and I did a self-install, set everything up, etc. But after finishing setting everything up, I noticed that my speeds were abysmally below advertised. I was only getting 360 mbps download/5 mbps upload, my computer was plugged directly into the modem and meets beyond the hardware requirements for Gigabit speed. After some searching on the Xfinity forums, I noticed that the modem used for Gigabit speeds is called XB6, so I walked up to my modem and.. XB3, identical to my old modem.

I'm not sure if there was some accident on the customer service reps end, or if something got confused along the way but from my understanding I've been sent an identical and incorrect modem, meaning I can't actually reached advertised speeds for the package I'm paying for.

Official Employee

Re: Was sent the wrong modem as part of upgrading to Gigabit Speeds?

Hello kewlprn, you can go into any local Comcast service center and have the equipment swapped out for an XB6 modem. We can also have the equipment shipped to you (shipping and handling fees apply), please reach back out to me here if you would like the correct modem shipped via U.S. mail. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

I'd like to have it shipped, should I private message you here?

Official Employee

kewlprn wrote: I'd like to have it shipped, should I private message you here?

Yes, please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!